See my website!

8 Aug 2011

Healthy Skin with a Foundation?? Review of Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

Heyyy Girls!!!
Ever wondered why there is so much hue and cry over removing your make up every night before you go to bed? Or why celebrities who are constantly coated with pancake like layers of make up are always speaking about the importance of going make up free sometimes and letting your skin breathe?


Makeup contains chemicals that can be harmful  to the skin when worn for long durations of time and especially if left on overnight. Make up clogs pores making it impossible for your skin to breathe freely, resulting in clogged pores, blackheads and possible acne breakouts. Hence its extremely important that you choose your make up very carefully. These days many brands are offering skin friendly products that have been dermatologically tested. Its best to try and find which of these products suit your skin best and stick to them.


Bourjois claims:
"Bourjois' 1st radiance-boosting fruit therapy foundation for a flawless complexion for up to 16hrs! Apricot for radiance, Melon for hydration, Apple for antioxidants and Ginger for energy. Its exquisite glide-on formula blends onto the skin for a flawless, yet natural finish. And its good for your skin! Provides moisture for up to 8 hrs, lets skin breathe. Dermatologically tested."  

I wasn't looking for a foundation when I came across this one. I have always found Bourjois products to work very well on my skin and the SA managed to convince me to try this "new skin friendly foundation". But what blew me away was the excellent coverage this foundation gave me without the heavy, cake-y feeling you normally get from a full coverage foundation.



Though the SA told me that Healthy Mix is a medium coverage foundation, I found it provides me with all the coverage I need. With a mild fragrance and a soft, creamy formula which is easily blended, I do not need to use a primer or a concealer when I wear this one. Just a little loose powder to set the foundation and you're good to go. I use this for weddings, parties and any such dressy event and it always leaves my skin looking porcelain perfect and glowing. Sadly, Healthy Mix foundation does contain silica but the Fruit therapy bit makes me feel a little less guilty about wearing make up all day long. 



Priced at INR 950 for 30 ml, Healthy Mix foundation comes in a plastic bottle with an easy to use pump dispenser. I love that it has a plastic body because I broke my MAC Studio Fix foundation's glass bottle last time I was travelling and it was hardly used! Made a huge mess and I had to shell out another 1500 bucks. So  I'm glad that the next time I travel I need not worry, thanks to Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation! Available in plenty of shades to choose from (even for the Indian skin) next time you're hunting for a new foundation, you know which one to try! 

2 comments:

  1. given a choice between dis and mac which one will u prefer

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the price and coverage,definately Bourjois! I've been a MAC foundation loyalist for 2 years now. But after finding Bourjois I tend to prefer wearing this over MAC. MAC gets really heavy and gives an orange-y tone to my skin but with Bourjois, my skin is like I'm wearing no make up, plus it gives me radiance. Just to give you an idea, I'm wearing Bourjois foundation in my current FB profile pic and MAC in the black jumpsuit pic. Hope that Helps!

    ReplyDelete