See my website!

14 Aug 2011

Freedom from Chemicals: Review of L'Oreal Source De Richesse

Heyyy Girls!!!
This Independence Day I've found the perfect product that will set your hair free of all the atrocities and damage chemicals inflict on your hair & scalp. Yes, you guessed it! It's The Source De Richesse shampoo from the Série Nature of L'Oreal. 



L'Oreal claims:
"Sulfate free, Paraben free, Silicon free. 100% natural fragrance, no synthetic fragrance.The shampoo’s mild sulfate-free cleansing base generates a creamy foam that protects the hair’s natural lipid balance, essential to the hair’s beauty.

Result:

— Hair is nourished and shiny
— Hair is smooth, supple and controlled."



In my efforts to be both, eco-friendly and kind to my hair, I decided to try the Source De Richesse shampoo which is a nourishing shampoo for dry hair. I had previously tried the Oiliss serum from the Nature line of L'Oreal and found it to be quiet helpful for my frizz prone, dry hair even in the humidity of my city. Also the main ingredients in some of the products from the Série Nature line of L'Oreal reads of  Avocados, Olives, Grape Seed Oils, Rice Proteins, Lycopene and Cocoa which are known to be some of the finest gifts from Mother Nature herself, to naturally care for our hair. Reading this, I knew I just had to try this one!


Priced at INR 900 for 500 ml, all products from this range our completely Paraben, Silicone and Sulfate free. The color and fragrance of this shampoo is also completely natural making it a good choice for those prone to sensitivity and allergies. The shampoo is a clear liquid with traces of white in it. It has a distinctive, earthy smell perhaps due to the natural origin of this product. Source De Richesse creates a decent lather and leaves your hair clean and soft. The first time I used this shampoo, I was disappointed because it didn't create the smoothness and rich foamy lather my regular shampoo did. All thanks to years of using shampoos which were full of sulfates, artificial fragrances and silicone which would leave my hair dramatically smooth to touch but also damage that would be irreparable in the long run. However, a couple of washes with this shampoo and I can now see it slowly yet steadily restoring the moisture and health back into my dry, chemically treated hair. Simply put it is nature's way of showing  me that patience indeed is a virtue.


Still not convinced that a Sulfate, Paraben, Silicone free shampoo is better than your regular shampoo? Well, make sure you read my next post which will educate you and help you make the right choice next time you're buying yourself a shampoo.
Inspite of being SLS and Paraben free, L'Oreal Souce De Richesse shampoo creates sufficient lather

No comments:

Post a Comment