See my website!

11 Aug 2011

Blush Mania: Review of Maybelline Expert Wear Blush

Heyyy Girls!!!
I'm having, yet another, episode of blush mania. Yes, its blush mania when I go counter to counter and try to find that dream color which will look best on my cheeks. I know its an episode when I end up buying three different blushes, from two different brands in the same week to add to the piles of make up I already have lying at home.


This time I ended up buying two shades of the Maybelline Expert Wear Blush. I've tried this blush back in my college days and it worked well for me then. So, I decided its time I tried these again. I bought the Expert Wear Blush in Apricot Flush and Pinch o' Pink.



The packaging is similar to the old Expert Wear Blush I used back in 2007. Its a plastic palette (which breaks easily) with the blush cake on one side and an applicator blush on the other. To my surprise, the brush provided with the Expert Wear blush is pretty good and did a decent job. The formula is soft and blends well on your skin which is something I've never experienced with Maybelline before. Priced at INR 209 only for 4.5 gms of product, this blush is possibly the an inexpensive buy that would still give you value for your money.


Being blessed with high cheekbones, I prefer to apply blush right on the apple of my cheeks. All you have to do is smile a little and start sweeping the brush outwards from there. You must blend well because blush isn't meant to make you look like the newest recruit at a circus. It should give you a natural flushed look something like you get after a work out or when you're actually blushing.

This is the perfect way to apply blush on your cheeks

Pinch O' Pink is a very light pink color which is great for fair complexion. It has some silver glitter in it which shows sparsely on your face. The staying power is not that great, you may need to touch it up at least once through the day. Also you need to apply lots and lots of this blush if you want the color to really show. However, if you love wearing pink blushes, this ones worth a try.



Apricot Flush is an apricot/orange blush which looks great on both fair and dusky complexion. Its subtle enough for daily use and my favoured one of these two. Once applied, the color pigment shows well but there was still need for that one touch up. Its got some faint golden glitter which can help you get that glowing sun kissed look. This one is highly recommended by me!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I love yr blog and I ve just joined would you like to do the same for me www.adnacosmetic.com thank you for yr support. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Adna,
    Thanks you for your words of encouragement. Would definitely love to have a look at your webpage!

    ReplyDelete