See my website!

6 Aug 2011

Fruit Juice for your Hair!! Review of I Love Juicy Shampoo from Lush

Heyyy Girls!!!
I'm back this weekend after a mini vacation taken for a pilgrimage and my birthday. And I'm back with one of the juicy-iest, yummy-iest shampoo you could ever find for your hair. Yes, its the I Love Juicy shampoo from Lush! After all your hair needs a nice fruit mocktail too to stay shiny, bouncy and full of vitality.


Lush claims:
"Fresh pineapple, papaya, kiwi and mango juices saturate this fruity shampoo and take shampooing to a whole new level. The cleansing power of these juices leaves hair clean, healthy and shiny. A pinch of salt adds a dash of volume and scoops of seaweed gel add softness. Mango and pineapple juices control oil with natural enzymes. You'll love juicy when you realize your once oily locks are squeaky clean and shiny. "


I Love Juicy shampoo is basically for those Girls who have a naturally oily scalp making it impossible not to shampoo your hair everyday. As most of us are already aware, it is not advisable to shampoo your hair everyday because shampoo's contain harsh chemicals (sulfates and parabens) which strip your hair of the natural oils (sebum) secreted by our scalp. Sebum is what helps in keeping our hair naturally glossy, healthy and prevents them from drying out. Depending on your hair's length and thickness, it may take the sebum to travel from your roots to tips anywhere from 1 day to even a week. But then there are those of us who suffer from extremely oily scalps and can't help but wash our hair everyday. And this is exactly where I Love Juicy shampoo comes in.

Its proven that people with oily hair or skin should refrain from washing themselves repeatedly in order to avoid the excessive oil secretion. So if you have oily skin, try not to wash your face more than twice a day and for oily scalps to skip at least a single day between shampooing. I have an oily scalp and I exercise too which  makes it impossible for me not to wash my hair every day. But due to the various chemical procedures I've put my hair through I also have dry ends. But after my first wash with I Love Juicy, my hair was the softest it's ever been! It made my hair shiny and kind of calm so much so that every layer in my hair was well defined. Given that this is a cleansing shampoo, I did use a conditioner on my dry ends.

 With this shampoo, I could for the first time in my life go about my regular routine for 2 whole days before I felt the need to wash my hair again. Plus normally, I need to use loads of shampoo to get the "clean" feeling but with this one just a tiny bit (see picture below) was sufficient! Priced at INR 900 for 250 gms, though a little expensive this will last me a very long time. I Love Juicy Shampoo is also available in 100 gms. and 500 gms. bottles priced at INR 480 and INR 1540 respectively. 
  
Would recommend this one whole heartedly to all those who are tired of washing their hair every day only to end up with greasy locks by the evening. With I Love Juicy shampoo you will be set free of the very tedious routine that comes with an oily scalp. Thank you Lush!
I Love Juicy shampoo is a clear to pale yellow color

Trivia on Lush:
Lush Cosmetics is a premium brand from UK and a proud supporter of re-cycling waste and not testing on animals. Hence, each product comes with an expiry or best before date. These cosmetics are hand made and contain no preservatives only fresh ingredients. So now you can pamper yourself without the fear of harsh chemicals or the poor animals who are tested on by switching to Lush!


P.s. I Love Juicy shampoo is not a sulfate and paraben free shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment