See my website!

3 Sept 2011

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss Review

Heyyy Girls!!!
My love for lip glosses is pretty clear to all by now. I love trying new ones, re-visiting old ones and sometimes mixing shades to create my own distinctive color! It gives me such a high when someone wants to know what shade I'm wearing and I can claim,"Its my own!" *wink, wink*

Revlon has recently launched a new line of glosses in their popular ColorBurst range. They have 18 vibrant shades that will appeal to both the bold and nude lip-color enthusiast alike!



Revlon says,
A pop of weightless color with vivid, mirror-like shine. Outshines everything but you! 
•Micro-crystal formula for 5X the shine of patent leather
•Plush applicator shaped to curves of your lips for smooth, even application of color
•Revlon ColorBurst’s Elasticolor™ technology for rich color with a weightless feel
•Moisturizers and anti-oxidants such as sweet almond oil and vitamin E conditions and improves lip texture

Lips that shine with killer color. This weightless gloss makes lips pop with 5X more shine than patent leather


Price : INR 525
Quantity : 5.9 ml
Available at : Shoppers Stop, Westside, Lifestyle and all Revlon counters nation wide



With so many gorgeous colors to choose from its easy to get carried away but I decided to play it safe and start with two of my all time favourite colors : 010 Hot Pink and 006 Strawberry Fraise.




010 Hot Pink is a nice bright pink color with silver glitter in it. Recommended for those who love wearing pink (I do!)


006 Strawberry Fraise is a reddish strawberry color with golden glitter and blue-ish under tones. This is a nice red color that can be easily worn during the day.



 Pro's of Revlon ColorBurst Lip gloss:

  • Classy packaging. Very similar to Chanel's Glossimer line of lip glosses.
  • Great Color pigmentation. This is great for Girl's who always wanted more color from their gloss.
  • Creamy texture that keeps your lips soft, comfortable and hydrated.
  • Glitter looks pretty even when the gloss wears off leaving a natural looking "stain" of color on your lips.
  • Non-sticky formula. No worrying about getting hair stuck on your glossed lips even on a windy day.
  • Wide range of colors. ColorBurst lip gloss has a shade for every Girl.
Con's of Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss:
  • Expensive. Can be a little pricey for a drugstore brand. 
  • Long wand applicator carries too much product which makes a mess at the mouth of the tube.
  • Does not stay on your lip when eating or drinking which is a huge dissapointment at the price. 
To Splurge or Not to Splurge:
Revlon ColorBurst is the kind of gloss I've long waited for. Because it actually delivers color along with shine. I, for once no longer need to wear lip stick along with my gloss and that certainly makes me want to purchase a few more of these. Would love to try the non-glitter shades like 'Papaya' from the same line. Except for the staying power of the gloss I had very few complaints from this one.

Final Verdict:
Revlon ColorBurst gets 3/5 from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment