See my website!

9 Dec 2011

The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso Foaming Facial Wash

Heyyy Girls!!!
I have been dying to try the Moisture White range from The Body Shop. I finally picked up this Moisture White Shiso Foaming Facial Wash on my last trip to their store. Here's what I have to say about this one...


The Body Shop says :
"The Body Moisture White Shiso Range has three main ingredients in which it makes it the perfect whitening skin care range – Liquorice, Vitamin C, and Shiso Extract.

Moisture White™ Foaming Facial Wash, expertly cleanses the skin whilst perfectly preserving its softness. Vitamin C and liquorice extract are also included, and this product helps to promote skin clarity and radiance, helping to soothe and brighten.

The instant mousse-to-foam, oil-free wash creates a luxuriously rich and creamy lather to cleanse and remove dead skin cells. Use every morning to cleanse, refresh and awaken the skin and with regular use skin is clean, soft and supple for a clearer and brighter complexion. Specially developed for Asian skin."

Price : INR 1195

Quantity : 150 ml.

Available at : All TBS outlets


Moisture White Shiso Foaming Facial Wash comes is a cylindrical bottle with a pump dispenser. Two pumps dispense sufficient foam to cleanse your face and neck with. The face wash is a white foam, light in texture and full of tiny bubbles. The beauty of this product is that you need not apply it on your face and work it into a lather. The fragrance of the foaming facial wash is pretty nice and soothing and also kind of medicinal to me, which is not surprising given Shiso, the prime ingredient in this face wash is a Japanese variety of Basil or 'Tulsi' as it is better known in the Indian sub-continent.  

Application :
Take two pumps of Moisture White Shiso Foaming Facial Wash into your palm. Wet your face and directly massage into skin, concentrating on your T-zone. Rinse off with water.


 
Pro's of Moisture White Shiso Foaming Facial Wash:

  • Gentle and Mild face wash, suitable for even the most sensitive skin
  • Has a water base and is oil free making it perfect for combination/acne prone skin
  • Made using natural ingredients
  • Cleans skin soft, fresh and visibly bright
Con's of Moisture White Shiso Foaming Facial Wash:
  • Expensive
  • When using this wash twice a day, not sure if it will last me longer than a month or so
  • Does not remove make up, make sure to use a make up remover/cleanser before this facial wash
To Splurge or Not to Splurge :
 I really enjoy using The Body Shop's Moisture White Shiso Foaming Facial Wash, however once I'm done using this, I'm not sure if I would re-purchase. I love that it cleanses my skin gently and definitely brightens my face but the price is kind of steep for product of this quantity. Also, I feel the need to alternate using this one with a Neutrogena clay based cleanser for that super clean skin that I crave before bed time. So pick this one only if you like your facial wash to be mild, brighten your complexion and are ready to pay the high price.

Final Verdict : 
The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso Foaming Facial Wash gets a 3.5/5 from me!

8 comments:

  1. Nice review.. but an expensive product..
    Ur blog is great..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Divine! Let me know if there is any particular product you would like to be reviewed on Girl's World :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Himanshi.. Sure will let you know.. U r blog reviews are great.. I love the way you narrate the products.. Hats off..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Divine. Its very kind of you to say that
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Himanshi, have you ever tried their Vitamin C facial cleansing polish? I just picked up the foaming facial wash last week after using the Vitaminc C one for almost 2 months... I am not super happy with the results... The skin is not as clear as it is after using the Vitamin C polish.... let me knw yr thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Himanshi, Have you ever tried Body Shop's Vitamin C facila cleansing polish? I just picked up the Shiho foaming wash after using the Vitamin C stuff for like 3 months.. and I am not really happy with the foam wash.. doesn't clean as good as the Vitamin C stuff.. let me knw yr thoughts on this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Himanshi, have you ever tried their Vitamin C facial cleansing polish? I just picked up the foaming facial wash last week after using the Vitaminc C one for almost 2 months... I am not super happy with the results... The skin is not as clear as it is after using the Vitamin C polish.... let me knw yr thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kajal,
      Yes, I do have it, in fact its a recent purchase after the super results of their Vitamin C skin boost. I can understand your dis-satisfaction with the Shiso Cleansing Foam as it is gentle and does not have the exfoliating action of TBS's Cleansing Polish. Exfoliation/Polishing will give you immediate results while shiso,imo needs to be used twice/day and regularly to see the results. It certainly softened and made my skin look clear and radiant after consistent use. You can safely use the Shiso Cleansing foam daily while its not recommended to use the Vitamin C cleansing polish more than once/week.
      Hope this helps!

      Delete