See my website!

29 Dec 2011

The Best of 2011 (part 1)

Heyyy Girls!!!
An entire years's gone by and as we celebrate the arrival of the new year, I want to take a moment down memories lane and get nostalgic about all the wonderful products and trends I have discovered and turned to all of this year.



Presenting Girl's World's Best of 2011!!


1. Best Lipstick 
My love for lipsticks is pretty evident on this page. I feel every woman should have that go-to shade of lipstick which makes her feel and look beautiful no matter what and how. Bourjois Sweet Kiss lipstick in Fuchsia Cosmoplite 80 was my lipstick for this year. I wore it to parties, wedding, casual/formal dinners, movies. In short, I wore it everywhere! With the goodness of Argan Oil, Vitamin C & E, this lipstick cares for your lips, for up to 8 hours. And even though this year is over, I'm hoping that my best lipstick of the year 2011 will give me Sweet Kissable Lips even in the years to come.

2. Best Lipgloss
Lipgloss is always what comes to my mind after a lipstick. I love to dress up my lips in the brightest, boldest colors because I believe every girl's lips are the sexiest feature on her face. The best lipgloss of the year had to be the new launch by Revlon. The New Colorburst Lipgloss. It gives your lips the shine of a gloss with the color of a lipstick. Plus it cares for your lips with Sweet Almond Oil and Vitamin E. Reason enough to pick it as the Best Lipgloss of the year and let your lips do the talking!



3. Best Foundation 
 This was a really tough one. I've had the good fortune of chancing upon not one but three great foundations this year. But the best had to be zeroed upon and what a feeling to announce that the very first product I reviewed on this blog, gets to walk away with the top honour. Yes, L'Oreal Matte Morphose foundation is the Best Foundation of 2011! With a souffle texture that blends like a dream and transforms your skin right beneath your fingers as you apply it... Enough said! Also, this foundation erases fine lines and banishes visible pores away, giving you skin that looks and feels like a dream. I chose to pick Matte Morphose foundation as the Best of this year because I've got most compliments myself, when wearing this.

4. Best Compact Powder
After believing that only high end brands make the best pressed powder for combination skin types, like me, I came across Bourjois Compact Powder. I love this compact because it sets my make up perfectly, conceals pores and eliminates the need to powder my nose repeatedly when I'm out. Even after a crazy night of partying, when I see myself in the mirror, I like it! The pinkish tone of this powder doesn't leave you looking jaundiced or too made up like some other expensive make up brands do. And hence, the Best Compact Powder of the year 2011 has to be Bourjois Compact Powder.

5. Best Concealer
I hardly use concealer. It's strictly meant for events where I know there are going to be as many photographs as people (read : weddings & fancy parties). Because of this, I have never felt the need to go looking at what concealers are available out there. I have bought 3 concealers in my life time and this product was hands down the best of the other two, not that there is much competition. The Body Shop's Concealer Pencil is the Best Concealer for me this year because it is super easy to use, blends well and has Marula Oil & Beeswax to keep skin soft, supple, smooth and protected. After using this one, I don't think I will ever feel the need to try a fourth concealer.



6. Best Blush
Blush for me is a very versatile cosmetic. I use it more or less as per my requirement and also multi task with it  if need be. I have tried lots of blush this year and hoping to try more this coming year but the Best Blush of 2011 will always find a place in my make up kit. Chambor Single Blush in Soft Rose 65, is my blush discovery of this year. It's made of super fine powder which applies easily, builds and blends well. With Vitamin A & E as ingredients, you know its gotta be good for your skin. For instantly sun kissed cheeks that look great both outdoors and indoors, this blush has been my favourite all of the year gone by.



7. Best Mascara 
Mascara is like a magic wand for us girl's. We can use just a swipe to make the world a better place. You see, there is nothing that the flutter of a girl's lashes can't do. To get these magical lashes, I bought a couple of mascara's this year. All of them were great and gave me desired results. However, there was this one mascara which I sub-consciously chose to use over and over again. It was L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara in Extra Black. I have fine, kind of limp lashes which can do with a generous boost of volume. This mascara has always given my the fake lashes look in a jiffy, getting the doe eyed look was never so easy!

8. Best Highlighter
Highlighters are meant to be used when you need to up your glam quotient. I personally use it only for night outings or sometimes at weddings. Highlighters when applied well can help in achieving the look of toned legs and arms. They can also be used to define or accentuate your face or torso. I have tried highlighters in powder and lotion forms but the Best Highlighter of 2011 has to be Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion. Although I'm more into powder based cosmetics, this product with its light texture and luminous finish is fantastic when used beneath a foundation. Enriched with Vitamins A, E & C along with SPF 15 to improve and protect your skin, it is easy to apply and is oil free making the issue of break-outs, a non issue. Plus, a little product does a lot and I'm hoping that it will last me for quiet some time.

9. Best Primer
Primer is meant to be used to help in even, almost effortless application of your make up. It prepares your skin to receive the rest of the cosmetics. I was never in to the different steps and types of make up products which are used to create a flawless look. However, the beauty of writing a make up review blog is that you learn so much on the job! I did my research and then purchased my first ever skin primer this year. Presenting, The Body Shop's Vitamin C Skin Boost Serum. This product is so versatile and such a joy to use. It gives my face an immediate radiance and makes blending foundation and concealer easy. With a citrus fragrance, anti-oxidant vitamins C & E and Brazil nut oil, you get soft, silk like skin as result. I'm going to certainly keep this product on my must have list even in the years to come.

10. Best Moisturiser
Moisturiser is a daily use product which all of us are quiet familiar with. Using a moisturiser which is suitable for your skin type goes a long way in helping with keeping your skin looking young and protected. However, with the influx of new products daily in the market and so many types of creams which the advertisements convince us, we just have to use. When I saw the advertisement for Olay's Natural White All in One Day Cream it was like the God's had finally heard my prayers. This face creams does the work of four different products, namely moisturiser, sun screen, fairness and dark spots remover. With a non greasy finish and triple nutrient system (vitamin B3, pro B5 and E) this cream is instantly absorbed into your skin and hydrates it. I'm sure I need not add more lines to tell you why I chose this moisturiser as the best of the year.


 
11. Best Face Wash/Cleanser
Along with face creams, there is a new face wash introduced daily in the Indian market. However, with the aggressive promoting and stiff competition I was super confused which ones to try and which to skip through the year. I've tried my share but Pond's Face Washes were the top favourite this year. With an incredibly wide range of face washes (oil control, pimple care, daily cleansing, white beauty, intense moisture) which they introduced this year, Pond's definitely has its pulse on the skin needs of an Indian girl. I also picked Pond's as the Best Face wash/cleansing product of the year because they tried to make every woman realise that using a regular soap on your face is a big no. The more you educate and care for your self today, the better you will look tomorrow. Thank you Pond's, you may now take a bow!

12. Best Fitness Trend
I hope you have earned whatever you ate this year. No, this statement does not refer to your careers and professions. It refers to the hard work and dedication you have put into keeping your body fit and healthy through the year. Your body is like a vehicle, do not over fuel it, if it won't be travelling the distance or you will face a spillage. Similarly, how long can a car drive on an empty tank? Diet and Physical activity go hand in hand to make a fitter you. Hence, the biggest fitness trend of 2011 had to be the growing awareness and emphasis on "healthy eating with exercise". Everyone from the celebs to your next door neighbour is having "5 small meals at regular intervals" these days. Yoga, pilates, strength training, martial arts, plyometrics, belly dancing etc. have taken over, to make your work outs more enjoyable yet result oriented than the conventional forms of exercising. A fit and toned body is much appreciated and desired over being plain skinny. So what if you did not give much thought to fitness in the last year, its never too late to start and set your own fitness trends for the coming year...


(To be contd. in next post)

1 comment: