See my website!

9 Sept 2011

L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Instant Smoothing & Nourishing Oil Serum Review

Heyyy Girls!!!
I'm a big fan of the Total Repair 5 line from L'Oreal. Yes, I know its loaded with chemicals and silicones but its worked wonders for my damaged ends. The shampoo and conditioner from the Total Repair line are a must in my shower. So when I saw this New Smoothing and Nourishing Oil Serum from the same line on my recent visit to the super mart, I just had to grab it!



L'Oreal says:
"Treat yourself to the ultimate care system with L’Oreal Paris's New Total Repair 5 Instant Smoothing and Nourishing Oil Serum. This miraculous product’s technological innovation with ceramide-cement helps protect and repair hair damage caused by daily aggressors like the sun, pollution and water.  It helps to avoid tangles and breakage, leaving hair smooth and nourished."


Price : INR 199
Quantity : 80 ml
Available at : Malls and Super Markets all over India



As a child I remember I remember my mother oiling my hair right after a wash. Once in college and free to groom myself according to my own will, I completely gave up this very important step in hair care. But now, after years of coloring and using heat to style my hair I swear by an after wash product. Total Repair 5 Oil Serum, like most hair serum's is a clear liquid which can be easily applied on both wet or dry hair. It has a nice, sweet fragrance which may seem a little overwhelming at first but once on your hair it lingers very lightly.



Application : I use this serum on damp, towel dried hair and only on my hair's length and ends. Take a few drops on your palm. Rub your hands together and spread evenly over your hairs length, especially concentrating on the ends. Now you can go ahead and easily comb your hair without the fear of tangles or breakage.

You can comb through wet hair after using L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Serum

Hair after using L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Nourishing Oil Serum

Pro's of L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Oil Serum:

  • Serum is suitably priced and will last for a long time due to the quantity required on every use.
  • De-tangles hair and makes the hair softer to touch.
  • Enhances the shine of hair. Can be used even on dry hair for more shine.
  • Pleasing fragrance which lingers in your hair.
Con's of L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Oil Serum:
  • Does not "repair" hair as claimed on the bottle, not that I was expecting a miracle but nevertheless its a con.
  • Packaging is cheap. Especially the flip top. Would never recommend to take this one in your luggage on a trip.
To Splurge or Not to Splurge :
L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Oil Serum is pretty much a basic hair serum like many others available in the market. I did not find it miraculously repairing my hair but yes, it did de-tangle and add smoothness. If you are bored of your regular after wash hair care product or maybe looking for one that can help you save a few bucks, you could try this one. 

Final Verdict :
Total Repair 5 Oil Serum gets a 3.5/5 from me!

7 comments:

  1. hi Himanshi...found your blog while searching for review of Loreal masque of this range. any views on that???

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Himanshi...found your blog while searching for review of Loreal masque of this range. any views on that???

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Himanshi...found your blog while searching for review of Loreal masque of this range. any views on that???

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Himanshi...found your blog while searching for review of Loreal masque of this range. any views on that???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Swati,
    I have used all the products namely, Shampoo, Conditioner, Masque and the Serum from the Total Repair 5 range. My experience with all the products barring the conditioner has been great which failed to match the conditioning needs of my salon treated and heat abused hair. The masque is a great replacement for the conditioner if you have dry, damaged hair and I would use it every time I shampooed as opposed to once a week. If you would like to read a detailed review of the same do let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes, definitely, I would love a detailed review :) and, sorry for spamming your comment board...internet problem :) btw, do visit my blog when you have time: http://perfectskincareforyou.blogspot.com/
    would love your inputs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Swati,
    Will definitely put up your requested review asap. And no sweat about the comments, it was lovely to hear from you :-D
    Will certainly be visiting your blog soon!

    ReplyDelete