See my website!

18 Sept 2011

Chambor's Luminous Compact Powder Review

Heyyy Girls!!!
Its been a busy, busy week but I had to manage and squeeze out some time to blog about this new compact I happened to chance upon a couple of months back. I didn't get a chance to use it till last week because I'm very happy not wearing any make up during the rains but boy am I glad that I finally tried this one! Read on to find out why...


Chambor says :
"Smoothes away, fine lines and blemishes, with a veil of natural coverage. Light, yet creamy to the touch, this transparent powder offers Enhanced Comfort & advanced adherence to the skin. Enriched with actives to preserve skin’s elasticity this powder gets a workout to keep your skin in shape. The three different shades for different skin tones available in Luminous Compact Powder with SPF 15 are:
Natural, Ochre & Biege

  • Luminous Compact Powder packed with Brown Seaweed Extract, will make your skin soft and supple.
  • Rich in fatty acids, improves skin hydrolipidic barrier
  • Anti elastase and anti collagenase action preserves skin elasticity.
  • Impeccable smoothening properties are achieved through the Natural Spherical Polymers present in Luminous Compact Powder.
  • Basic SPF 15 and UV protection through special Sun filters.
  • Unique technology offers advanced creaminess and velvety touch which gives perfect blend ability & Natural look.
  • Anti-ageing"

  • Price : INR 1175
  • Quantity : 10 gms
Available at : Chambor Counters all over India


Chambor Luminous Compact in Natural

  • Now before I get down to actually reviewing this product I want to share one of pet peeve with you girls. I have an OCD for cleanliness. I need to keep myself and my surroundings clean at all times or I get really irritated/annoyed. Its not for nothing they call it an Obsession you see, any ways the reason I had to share this with all of you is because the second picture above can trigger off any body with even a minor cleanliness OCD. More so if they happen to see what a powdery mess this left in their handbag. Chambor's Luminous Compact is one messy piece of make up. Its probably the only make up I have ever regretted purchasing because everytime I want to use this one, the thought of just opening the case and seeing this mess ruins the entire joy of using make up for me. If every compact in this world would turn out like this, I'm sad to say but I would rather give up on make up.

Application : Although Chambor claims that this is a "transparent powder", Luminous Compact to me is a medium coverage powder and hence I do not need to use any other base with it. I prefer to moisturise my face before I use any make up and the same goes with this one. Luminous Compact is a very soft, creamy compact that blends very well. I guess the soft, creamy part is what also causes the mess inside the case. Starting from the centre of your face, blend the soft powder outwards focussing more on any particular blemishes you might want to hide. Just one swipe of this powder on the puff provided along with the compact is all you need to give you a radiant and luminous complexion. If you have dark spots or circles which need to be concealed you can always opt for a concealer. Skipping your foundation all together would be a good decision if you want to avoid looking all "caked up".
Before use

After use


Pro's of Chambor Luminous Compact :
    • Has SPF 15 and UV filters
    • Soft powder which blends well
    • Gives a nice luminosity to your skin
    • Stylish case with a mirror and decent applicator puff
    Con's of Chambor Luminous Compact :
    • Expensive
    • Makes a lot of mess especially if you want a compact to carry around for touch up's
    • Can get cake-y and make you look like a soap star if applied generously 
    To Splurge or Not to Splurge : 
    Chambor's Luminous Compact Powder has a nice texture which blends like a dream but you need to be very careful with the amount you end up on your face. Also the softness of the powder which causes it to crack easily makes it a big no-no for ladies who are always on the go. This should not be a part of any expensive handbag. Period. If you rarely use make up or are blessed with really good skin that needs no make up but would still like to have a compact you can use for that rare event, you could certainly give this one a buy. 

    Final Verdict :
    Chambor's Luminous Compact Powder gets a 2.5/5 for me!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment