See my website!

22 Sept 2011

Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser Review

Heyyy Girls!!!
Wearing make up is fun and exciting given that it can completely make or break your entire look. But removing make up from your skin is equally if not more important. Cosmetics are full of chemicals (yes, they are. Even your "mineral make up") and failure in removing this make up completely off your skin is a vital step in the process of using make up.
Over the years I've used several products while removing my make up. For the longest time I had been using Johnson's Baby Oil. Having combination skin, I always feared that it may cause my skin to break out and    the worst came true recently when I got some zits on my forehead. I knew it was time to get into the damage control mode and immediately decided to get a cleanser which would clear out my clogged pores. Enter : Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser!

Neutrogena says :
"Extra Gentle Cleanser provides more than just gentle cleansing for even the most sensitive skin.

This rich, dermatologist-recommended formula adds back moisture every time you use it. Skin is left more moisturized, so it retains resiliency and suppleness. With anti-irritants Chamomile and Vitamin E, its soap-free formula provides gentle yet effective cleansing, and it won't leave a filmy residue that can clog pores.

Adds back moisture every time you cleanse for soft, smooth skin.

  • Non-comedogenic
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Fragrance-free"

Price : INR 320
Quantity : 200 ml
Available at : Neutrogena outlets at all malls and departmental stores across India


Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser comes in a plastic bottle with a strong pump dispenser. One pump would suffice to clear your face off all make up. The bottle is meant to have a permanent place in your shower or the dressing table and not to be carried around which makes sense as this is a make up remover.

Application : 
I have posted a series of pictures below to show how I use this cleanser to get make up off my skin. I have demonstrated this on my forehand and for the make up, have used MAC Studio Fix Powder and Max Factor Mastertouch Concealer
Apply Make up
Blend well
Take one pump of Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser
Wipe your skin

Skin is left dewy fresh and clean 
Pro's Of Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser :
  • Fragrance free and dermatologically tested
  • Reasonably priced
  • Does a thorough job of removing make up
  • Is kind to your skin
Con's of Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser :
  • May cause some tingling/burning on freshly exfoliated skin
  • Although I have not experienced this but some people claim that this cleanser stings their eyes
  • Could have been packaged to be a little more travel friendly
To Splurge or Not to Splurge :
Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser is an excellent cleanser when it comes to removing make up. The stinging on scrubbed skin is a huge con but I know now not to use it for a day or two after I exfoliate. This cleanser did not make me break out and hence I will definitely re-purchase unless I find a better cleanser when I run out of this one.

Final Verdict : 
Neutrogena Gentle Cleanser gets a 4/5 from me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment