See my website!

11 Jul 2011

Blush a lil': Review for Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush

Heyyy Girls!!!
"As beautiful as a woman's blush...I as evanescent too..." this is a beautiful quote describing the beauty a blush brings as it rises on our faces but with today's products I'll help you make sure that your blush is not evanescent and lets you stay as beautiful as you ever wanted to be!

First a quick history lesson on how blush or blusher came into existence and became such a vital part of our make up kitsHistorically, Rouge or what we now refer to as Blush was used as early as in ancient Egypt. It was also applied on the lips, the way lipstick is used today. In some times and places, both men and women wore rouge, such as during the Regency period in England. In Britain's Victorian age where make up was associated with low morals, ladies resorted to pinching their cheeks and biting their lips to make them appear red instead! In mid 14th century Britain, dresses were open clear down to the navel and women would apply rouge to their open nipples to make them more appealing to the eye.  

Various substances have been used as rouge. In ancient Greece for example, crushed mulberries were favoured, while red beet juice and crushed strawberries have also variously been used.

Thankfully, times have changed and today we need not collect or crush mulberries or pinch ourselves to get some color on our cheeks! All we need to do is walk in to the nearest mall. But the product I am reviewing today does have some history attached to it. After all it's been around for more than 150 years now. Though not a very renowned make up brand in our sub-continent, Bourjois Paris has a huge presence in Europe. Founded in the year 1863, it is the pioneer in the method of  baking cosmetics and introducing the world to the concept of make up in a pot. Their contributions to the world of beauty and the innovation in their cosmetics has been awarded and recognised all over the globe. And how grateful I am to them for finally having come up with a counter, albeit a very miniscule one at the local mall! I've picked up quiet a lot of stuff from Bourjois since and I've found them to be of very superior quality and have good staying power.

Bourjois Paris Little Round Pot Blush


I have the Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush in 3 shades and one illuminating powder pot as well. The shades have adorable names in French which make me feel " très pretty". The blush comes in, as the name very well describes, little round pots which are extremely cute and can overcome any space crunch because its so small that it could easily fit in, even in a clutch! The price is INR 550 for each pot and the net weight is 2.5 gms. The powder is baked and hence very silky to touch and blends well on your cheek. The best part about the packaging is that it comes with a mirror and application brush shaped like the contour of your cheeks for easy and apt application. The second is that the packaging is in the exact same shade as the contents, so you can easily know what color you're looking for even in a crowded make up kit. If you do not enjoy shimmer on your cheek and prefer matte blushers, this little pot's packaging will help you find out if the particular shade you're about to buy has a shimmer or a matte base because like I said previously it is identical to the blush shade down to the tee. The blush smells nice with a subtle perfume, something which reminds me of talc I used as a child.

The first shade is number 22 Tomette D'or which is a deep peachy color. It has lots of golden glitter particles in it which give a suitable depth to the color once on your cheek. The shade can easily be worn on both dark and fair complexion.

Its a nice pigmented shade and very dark so you are better off using just a single swipe of blush on your cheek at a time. It reminds me of Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick in Rose. This is a nice bold color which I prefer to wear to either weddings or any late night outings.

The second shade is number 35 Lune D'or, a peachy champagne shade which looks so delicate and is perfect for the day. It is the lightest shade in the blushers range from Bourjois. Wear it to work or play because this one will give you the perfect flushed look that will keep you glowing all day long. Make sure to use it generously if you're looking at getting more color on your cheeks.

Its a very light shade and has gold glitter too. This one is similar to an illuminating powder so invest in it and it will do the job of both. This is my personal favourite from Bourjois because it really gives me a healthy glow. I even wear it when I run some errands because I love this one so much! Mind you, none of the golden glitter looks cheap once you have it on, it is exactly what helps you get the glow-y look. Fair or dusky, if you are looking to buy just one, make sure this one it is.

The third shade is number 95 Rose de Jaspe which is a rosy pink color with some little silver shimmer in it. Will recommend it for everyone who loves having rosy cheeks (who doesn't?). It gives you the "baby doll" look or what I also like to call "the pretty girl next door" look. 

I always use this one a little more generously. Its the perfect shade of pink for me and I'm sure to replace it once this one's over. I wear it both in the day and night because this color is perfect for both. Next time you are looking for a nice rose shade in blushers, make sure you try this one.

And finally the Illuminating Touch pot from Bourjois. I bought this one much before I purchased Lune D'or to use it as a illuminating powder for all my make up requirements. The color is a pretty peachy one which will look pretty on all complexions.

Don't limit this one for your face. I use it on my collarbones, shoulders and décolletage if I'm heading to a party. At first it looks extremely shiny but don't let that put you off. It's like an instant "pick-me-up" on the face and the glow is superb! I have a few matte blushers and sometimes you wish that they had a little shine in them and that's also when I use a touch of this illuminating powder over them. This is a must buy for all your illuminating needs.

Hope this review helps with all your blush requirements and keeps you blushing forever because you know the saying,"When a Girl ceases to blush, she has lost the most powerful charm of her beauty."


No comments:

Post a Comment