See my website!

23 Jul 2011

Yellow, Orange, Green & Blue : The New Artistica line of nail paints by Maybelline

Heyyy Girls!!!
I have yet to meet a Girl pal who doesn't go absolutely crazy over nail paints. We love to beautify our nails so much so that these days, we've moved on to Nail Art which involves creating designs and patterns on your nails using nail extensions, paste on's and some good ol' nail paint.

 But painting your nails with the same reds, pinks and done to death Goth black is so passé. So today I'll be sharing with you Beauties, the Artistica line of nail paints from one of my favourite wallet friendly brands Maybelline.


Maybelline Colorama Artistica Nail paints

Maybelline has an extensive range of nail paints on offer with the New Colorama Artistica. I have previously used the Maybelline Express Finish that would actually live up to the promise of "Dry in 40 seconds flat". Plus, Maybelline nail paints are quiet inexpensive when compared to the other brands offering the same colors and same formula. The Maybelline Express Finish comes with a price tag of just INR 185


However they do not offer nail paints with a younger, fresher look under the Express Finish range and hence I decided to try out the new Artistica line which has some really eye catchy colors to offer. The Artistica line comes in glass bottles with contents of 8 ml. priced at INR 85 only. Now isn't the price alone a reason to splurge on one of these? 

Maybelline claims:
"High-gloss nail color with 5 day wear! Combine a visually stunning palette of pigments, pearls and glitters. It’s the ultimate accessory that transforms your look from day to night, fun to funky and classic to daring…in a flash!"

I have four shades from the Artistica line. The nail colors are either glitter based that are very technicolour and regular matte ones that are effervescent. So I bought two of each to check the consistency and staying power.


The first shade is Roxo Metalico which is a glitter based purple nail paint. The glitter is electric blue in color and gives a stunning look to the color once on your nail. You can wear this nail paint with most colors and in both day or night

The only complaint I had was that the color tends to get thick and layer up even after repeatedly shaking the bottle and diluting the nail paint. Other than that, this is one foxy color and something every Girl who enjoys dark nail paints should consider investing in.

The second shade is Laranja Citrico, a matte bright orange. The nail paint is creamy and applies well. I used two coats in the picture below.

The color is bright and hence recommended for informal outings. I wouldn't pair this one with outfits in colors like pink, green or blue. Stick to pastels or white and black with this shade. Recommend this one for young Girls and older one's with an experimental streak in them.

The third shade is Glitter Prata which is a transparent nail paint with silver glitter particles in it. Its transparent so you can use it as a top coat on any matte nail paint you may want to glitter up.

This nail paint will work in day and night and at work or otherwise. If you are not too fond of glitter nail paints yet want to try one, this might be your pick for its classy yet glittery look.

And the final shade is Amarelo Sol a sunflower yellow nail paint which is again matte. I found this one to be the most eye-catchy of the lot and hence this was the first one I wore.

It generated a lot of curiosity because I usually stick to red, pink or corals for nail color and I loved that everyone noticed the change! Its got a creamy application and two coats is all it takes to get the cheerful yellow from the bottle to your nails. 

Overall, I liked the Artistic line of nail paints for the variety they have to offer and yes, the pricing is a plus point too. I found that these nail paints didn't stay for 5 full days as claimed by Maybelline but then I am a germophobe and wash my hands every 2 hours or so. Another thing I found unsatisfactory was that the matte nail paints simply peel off, in large chunks instead of chiping like regular nail paints. Well, you got to lose some to gain some and I'm a sucker for the variety of color Maybelline has to offer with the Artistica line so will have to overlook the cons.

So go ahead! Paint your nails  with these beautiful colors or simply use them in your at home Nail Art sessions and set a bright and bold fashion statement for all to follow!!



2 comments:

  1. i have da orange and da silver colour.... and da orange is my fav...hands down!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops me mis-read ;) I loved the yellow and orange both!! So bright and young!! Just like us :D

    ReplyDelete