See my website!

4 Jul 2011

Smoooooch Worthy : Review for Maybelline Watershine Lipstick

Heyyy Girls!!!
Today I'll be reviewing my new smooch worthy product. And its none other than the fabulous Maybelline Water Shine Pure Lipstick. I've recently purchased two shimmering shades and loved them so much that I just had to share them with you Girls!!

I love wearing lipstick because it reminds me of my childhood when I was a kid and my mom wore lipstick when we were all going out to town. Lipstick is one of the most important part of my make up kit because whenever I step out without some on, I feel naked! It gives me some much needed color and brightens up my face. I recommend lipstick for those days when you're feeling dull and low because take my word, it'll make you feel like the diva you are.

Maybelline Water Shine Pure Lipstick


Maybelline first came out with the Watershine Lipstick in India, back in 2004. It was one of the IT brands patronised by most middle class Indian women given that it was promoted with the international name of Maybelline New York and gave them the joy of wearing a lipstick worn by some really stunning super-models. Plus it was a very welcome change from one of the longest selling cosmetic brand available in Indian markets 'Lakme'. So suddenly we had the "Maybe she's born with it... Maybe its Maybelline" factor happening for us too! I remember my first few gloss purchases were from their Water Shine Liquid Diamonds line. I loved wearing sparkle-y, glossy colors on my lips as a teen and still find myself picking a couple of shades that take me back to those teen years. This was definitely one of those purchases but the delightful part was that it was in a lipstick!! Yes, its like having sparkles and wet glossy lips for Big Girls!!!


 

Maybelline says : Wet shine in a classic lipstick. New formula with spring water for the freshest wet shine and sheer color. Fresh Moisture for thirsty lips!

  
The Lipstick comes in a cute silver case that looks so trendy that you would love to find a reason to flaunt it with many touch up's through the day. The color is sheer and shiny. One step up from your chapstick, so it doesn't look really dramatic. If you enjoy wearing matte lipsticks, steer clear of this one because its very glossy and more on the moisturising side. The price is very reasonable too at INR 230 only! Applies so smoothly and you may have to go over your lips a couple of times to increase the intensity of the color (it is quiet sheer). This is a perfect lipstick for the day either at work, college or lunch date with girlfriends. If you enjoy more shine, top it up with a gloss in the same shade or maybe something clear.

Shade C 22 is a nice coral pink that has just the right amount of shine and color. It looks pretty on Girls with fair and dusky complexion alike.
C 22 Swatch on hand

C 22 lipstick on lips
M 31 is a berry red color especially recommended for those scared of wearing anything from the red family on their lips. So, go ahead make this one your first red lipstick!

M 31 Swatch on hand
M 31 lipstick on lips
This is a must buy for all the Girls who are afraid to try lipstick's and color because they are "so-grown-up". Get over those nude shades and get this one and add some color to the dull rainy season!! And you'll also be raving about this Smooch worthy lipstick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment