See my website!

8 Feb 2012

How to use a 4 in 1 Nail Buffer

Heyyy Girls!!!
There used to be a time when I was a nail obsessed girl. Nail paints, nail art, gel extensions, filers were part of my armoury. A delayed appointment with my manicurist would get me anxious. And then I became a mommy. Yes, I'm the proud mother of a 2.4 year old boy :-D

Motherhood needless to say, turned my life and my grooming routines upside down. It's rewarding, the most amazing thing I have done in my life but a girl's gotta be a girl sometime. Handling a bonny new born with talons is strictly not advisable. But you know how old habits die hard, I would still try to keep my nails long and painted as and when I would find the time. It was a couple of instances when I scratched my son accidentally with my nails that I felt super guilty and in my guilt trip bit them off with my teeth! Yes, I was sooo mad at myself for hurting my baby. Well, now that he's gotten bigger and his grooming and handling responsibilities are split between me and others in the family, I'm finally back to pursuing my passion, nails! I shall be writing more posts about nail care and do-at-home herbal tips, nail art etcetera.

Today's post is my first step when I groom my nails at home, Buffing. I follow this with filing my nails, pushing back and trimming my cuticles, soaking my hands in a warm water tub with some herbal oils followed by a scrub and hand lotion massage.  

The following pictures are of a 4 in 1 Nail Buffer that I bought at Carrefour from a mall in Dubai. It's a simple nail tool that you must have in your nail care kit. It contains 4 sides to Even Out, Smooth, Buff and Shine your nails. There are two types of emery files provided with a black foam and a finer one with white foam . Make sure to not use these to buff your nails as they are meant only to shape them from outside.

 

 
The black foam emery nail file

The fine grain white foam nail file


Hope you have had a good look at the 4 in 1 Buffer, now let me show you how I use it.

Start with evening out any rough edges on your nails
Your nails will shed a powdery dust post step 1

Step 2 will smooth the feel of your nails with a similar yet finer dust

Step 3 will buff your nails to make them more consistent

The final step is to give an enhanced, noticeable shine to your nails





Now, to see the end results!



Hope, this post helps you buff your nails better. Flaunt your freshly buffed, smooth, shiny nails without any nail paint. Because, the understated is forever trendy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment