See my website!

4 Nov 2011

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin Review

Heyyy Girls!!!
Winters almost here and all us girls who have combination skin are once again faced with the dilemma of choosing the right moisturiser. I bought Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin because it seemed perfect for this season and my skin type.



Combination skin occurs when two or more different skin types occur on your face at the same time.Typically, combination skin is such that some parts of your face are dry or flaky, while the center part of your face, nose, chin and forehead (called the T-zone) is oily.  


Neutrogena claims : 


"Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin is a lightweight, dual-action formula that moisturises dry areas while it controls oily shine.

First, this dermatologist-tested formula moisturizes where skin is dry, without leaving it oily or shiny. Then, a special oil-absorbing Microsponge® system controls oil and shine in the T-Zone—or wherever else skin is oily.

Skin feels softer, smoother. Has a natural, matte finish throughout the day.

  • Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Fragrance-free"

Price : INR 299

Quantity : 118 ml.

Available at : All Neutrogena outlets


The moisturiser is more of a lotion than a cream which makes sense given it is for combination skin type. The lotion comes in a white plastic bottle with a pump nozzle. The bottle has a regular plastic body and is travel safe. The lotion is white in color and light in texture. It has no fragrance like most other Neutrogena products which makes it a good choice for sensitive skin types.


Application :
After cleansing and toning my face, I take a single pump of the moisturiser and massage it over my face and neck. You can use this multiple times in a day and also as a make up base.  

A drop of Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturiser
Massage in to your skin 
Instantly absobes, it leaves your skin moisturised without any residue
Pro's Of Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin :
  • Inexpensive
  • Given the quantity, will last for a long time
  • Quickly absorbed in the skin
  • Leaves skin dewy with a matte finish
  • Fragrance free and Dermatologically tested
  • Did not cause acne
Con's of Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin :
  • Dull looking packaging like most Neutrogena products
  • Dry skin types, stay away from this one
To Splurge or Not to Splurge :
Certainly Splurge if you have combination skin. I had always avoided the moisturising step of my skin ritual before I came across this moisturiser as everything else I had tried would cause a massive break out. But this one has totally changed my skin. I love using this multiple times especially when I am in air conditioned environment. It leaves my combination skin feeling fresh yet moisturised. I am ever grateful to Neutrogena for making this one. 

Final Verdict :
Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin gets a 4.5/5 from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment