See my website!

24 Jun 2011

L'Oreal Matte Morphose Foundation Review

Heyyy Girls!!
Since this is my very first blog post I would like to introduce myself and my love for all things cosmetics. I'm a HUGE make up fan. Rather fanatic. I'm one of those girls whose always ready to make a quick stop at the cosmetic counters whenever I'm at the mall. Make-up is something I really really enjoy because for me its like art. I believe every single girl on this planet is the most beautiful one ever created. But sometimes we need that something extra to give us that boost of confidence and that's when make-up steps in. I enjoy enhancing and expressing myself with just the right product so that when I step out, I know I'll be the cynosure of everyone's attention.

But finding this "right product" can be a real challenge. After all the markets are flooded with so many brands promising so many different things. You've got to know which delivers and which doesn't. And that's exactly where I step in! Given my years of testing, trying and understanding different products, I will be your girl pal letting you on to which product is worth your buy and your beauty.

Today I'll be reviewing L'Oreal Paris's newest foundation named Matte Morphose Soufflé
  Foundation. If you're wondering what's a souffle, its a French dessert which is very light and fluffy. So the general idea is that the foundation is very light and soft and goes on easily, blends well and doesn't give you the cake-y look and feel of a regular foundation. This is what L'Oreal claims of the Matte Morphose souffle foundation:
"Metamorphose your make-up! Its feather-light souffle texture extends seamlessly across the skin for a transformation you can see and feel.
Pores appear virtually erased. The appearance of fine lines are reduced and skin feels peachy soft."


Let me tell you that whenever I've read these elaborate detailed descriptions of what the product will do for my skin and how with just one application, all the abuse that my skin has to undergo with lack of sleep, tons of junk food, pollution, sun and sometimes laziness (yes, I am guilty of going to bed with make up on) I always believe that they will some how magically fade away. Let me also tell you that this time I was so NOT disappointed.

Packaging & Price : I purchased the foundation in shade number 200 with the name Apricot Beige. The souffle foundation comes in this cute little glass jar (which reminded me of an ink pot) with a pretty magenta pink lid. Although it make look like L'Oreal is ripping you apart given there's only 20ml of product in it and it sets you back by INR 1095, I can assure you that even for someone who wears foundation everyday, it can easily last you for a couple of months. There is also a really handy inner lid that makes sure you seal the foundation well after you're done using it. If you're one of the germaphobe who cringes at the thought of directly touching the product every time you need to use it, you can use a foundation brush.


Texture & Application : Everyone has a different way of applying foundation but I like to dot it all over my face, concentrating on the under eye area, the corners around my nose and mouth and on my chin. Always blend your foundation in circular strokes going downwards so that if you have any fine facial hair, it will settle well.The souffle foundation really does feel like a souffle! So soft when you touch it at first, I was actually tempted to eat it but decided to later go have a chocolate mousse once I'm done writing this blog. I always use a light water based moisturiser (I have combination-oily skin) before applying my foundation so the fact that this foundation went on really well on top of it and did not give me that oily shiny look was a great plus point. Tip: Always dot your foundation all over your face


Result : My skin actually metamorphosed! The dark circles were gone without a concealer, the pores were not visible (and I have some pore size...its genetic!) and I actually had this satin soft velvety glowing skin with a fabulous even tone and really good coverage. I have used the L'Oreal True Match Foundation before and trust me with those hideous golden glitter particles it had in it, it just doesn't stand a chance of ever being in my make up kit next to this one. L'Oreal you truly deserve to take a bow because with the new Matte Morphose souffle Foundation, you've actually proved that you're worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment